Discover the impact that naturally-beautiful, sexy, curvaceous breasts can have on your life!
Stop relying on padded bras to enhance your cleavage and stop hiding your flat chest under baggy clothing! Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom at Bloom Plastic Surgery in Chicago, IL can help you improve the size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts through breast augmentation surgery. Simply put, breast augmentation surgery involves the use of advanced, next-generation implants to give you the full, curvaceous breasts you have been dreaming about!
Whether you have always believed your breasts are too small for your frame or whether your breasts have lost volume due to childbirth, breastfeeding, weight loss, or aging (in these cases, an augmentation may be performed in conjunction with a breast lift), breast augmentation surgery can offer you naturally-beautiful breasts for a curvaceous, sexy physique!*
Breast augmentation is a highly customizable procedure with a range of options that enable you to choose exactly the size, shape, and feel of your new breasts. While the number of options can seem, at times, overwhelming, our goal is to walk you through each step of the planning process to ensure that you understand all of the options, the benefits and risks of each one, and how each option will impact your results, in order to ensure that your surgery results in the shapely, curvaceous physique you want.
- Type: Implants are available in silicone or saline.
- Silicone implants enable a natural look and feel, and are usually less likely to cause rippling or other unwelcome side effects that may impact the look of the breast. Silicone implants can offer moderate to ultra-high profiles, and are available in pre-filled sizes ranging from 175cc to 800cc.
- Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water after placement to a precise, customizable size. In case of a leak or rupture, the saline can be naturally reabsorbed by the body. Saline implants offer a moderate to high profile. Saline implants require a smaller incision and are easier to remove, but they are more prone to visible rippling.
- Profile: The breast “profile” indicates the distance the implant will project from the body. In other words, a moderate profile implant will create a less prominent silhouette than a high profile implant.
- Shape: Implants can be either spherical (round) or teardrop-shaped (anatomical). Round implants offer a soft, full, and round shape, while teardrop implants may offer greater stability and flexibility of shape over the more traditional round implants.
- Texture: Implant may come with a smooth or textured surface. Whether smooth or textures is better often depends on the shape of the implant you want, the amount of natural breast tissue a patient has prior to surgery, and the assessed risk for capsule contracture (a complication in which the pocket of scar tissue around the implant hardens and squeezes the implant).
- Implant placement: Sub-muscular placement involves placing the implant underneath the chest muscle, while sub-glandular (sub-mammary) placement involves placing the implant between the chest muscle and breast tissue.
- Incision placement: The specific placement of your implant will most likely depend on the type of implant you select and the placement site. Dr. Bloom offers inframammary (below the curve of the breast) and periareolar (around the lower half of the areola) incisions as they generally offer superior, long-lasting results. During your consultation Dr. Bloom will discuss which incision is most appropriate for you.For some patients, a breast lift, or mastopexy, may be required as an adjunctive procedure to your breast augmentation. Dr. Bloom will utilize a dual plane technique combined with appropriate implant selection to lift the breasts without additional scarring. However, in patients with more significant ptosis an additional incision may be required to complete the augmentation-mastopexy procedure. This can be completed as a crescent lift, periareolar, circumvertical (lollipop lift), or a traditional anchor (wise pattern).
Breast augmentation surgery usually lasts about 1-2 hours, and can be performed as an outpatient procedure under IV sedation. After the procedure, the breasts will be softly bandaged with a soft bra to help the breasts heal in the proper shape. The most common side effects of breast augmentation are moderate discomfort and mild swelling; Dr. Bloom will prescribe pain medication to help alleviate discomfort. Most patients find they need about a week of downtime before returning to light activities; all patients should avoid strenuous activity for at least four to six weeks to allow all swelling to subside and ensure complete healing.
Why Choose Dr. Bloom?
Why select Chicago-native Dr. Jacob Bloom as your cosmetic surgeon? Because you shouldn’t trust something as important as your appearance to just anyone! When you choose Dr. Bloom, you are choosing a warm and caring surgeon whom you can trust to make your health, your comfort, and your beauty his number one priority!
Lead plastic surgeon at Bloom Plastic Surgery in Chicago, IL, Dr. Jacob Bloom is Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. His extensive knowledge of today’s advanced surgical techniques, coupled with his years of medical training in New York and Harvard University, allow him to create customized treatment plans that can match the unique goals of each and every patient, while delivering long-lasting results that will subtly—yet still dramatically—enhance your natural beauty.
If you are interested in learning more about how to improve your physique through breast augmentation with Dr. Bloom, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule your consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you!