Neck lift plastic surgery helps create a more youthful and sculpted neck appearance. While a neck lift is a relatively less invasive procedure, it still warrants thorough preparation to ensure safe and predictable outcomes.
Many patients choose to undergo a neck lift procedure along with facelift surgery for more complete results.
The plastic surgeon will inform the patient of the preparatory steps at the time of the pre-operative consultation. A well-prepared patient will usually attain higher satisfaction levels from the final outcomes.
Thorough preparation forms the base for an effective neck surgery. The patient should follow the surgeon’s guidelines for the procedure.
Prudent board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom provides neck lift surgery to patients in Chicago, IL, and other suburbs and neighborhoods in this region of America.
The following steps can help the patient prepare for the neck lift cosmetic surgery:
- Arrange for previous medical records from the specialist, physician, or hospital to be sent to the plastic surgeon’s office. They should all be on the same page. This can reduce the chances of any complications during this surgery. No one wants their plastic surgeon to have to cancel a surgery at the last minute or trigger some reaction during the surgery, or after, because they did not know the entire patient’s history.
- Enlist all prescription and non-prescription medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient currently uses.
- Complete any laboratory tests or x-rays that the surgeon orders before the neck lift surgery.
- Alter the prescription medication schedule (if required), in consultation with the prescribing physician and the surgeon.
- Discontinue smoking for a specified duration prior to the neck surgery.
- Finish any pressing work or home-related chores beforehand to enjoy a relaxed recovery phase.
- Enlist a responsible person to drive the patient back home following the outpatient neck lift plastic surgery.
- Apply for at least one week of leave from the workplace.
A Day Prior to the Surgery
A day before the procedure, the patient should follow these simple suggestions:
- Rest properly and get sufficient sleep on the night prior to the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least eight hours before the surgery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid applying makeup or nail paint or wearing body piercings, jewelry, or contact lenses on the day of the neck lift surgery.
- Patients with diabetes should get their vital parameters assessed on the morning of the procedure.
A majority of patients will experience some anxiety before the surgery. To address this, the surgeon may prescribe a mild calming med to be taken on the night prior to the neck lift surgery. Patients can make advance arrangements at home to enjoy a stress-free recovery period.
It is wise to stock up of pain medications, loose-fitting clothing, extra pillows, ice packs, and other essential items at home beforehand. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL, and nearby areas in The Prairie State for a neck lift.