Before going ahead with an invasive procedure such as breast reduction cosmetic surgery, a woman should have clarity about the procedure and should feel satisfied with her choice of a surgeon.
A well-informed patient will be in a better position to make the right decisions and will typically feel more confident and positive about the surgery and final results.
The surgeon will diligently address all concerns and doubts, and make her feel comfortable. During the consultation, they will encourage the patient to ask questions about the procedure as well as the surgeon’s professional credentials and background.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom provides breast reduction to patients in Chicago, IL, and surrounding communities in this area of the landscape.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of plastic surgery?
- Have you previously performed breast surgeries, and what is your success rate in such procedures?
- Where would you perform my surgery – at a hospital, an accredited surgery center or a private surgical suite?
- Do you have operating privileges at a local hospital or surgical center?
- Is your office equipped to handle any emergencies?
- Do you have a policy for revision surgeries?
Questions about Breast Reduction Procedure
- Do I make a suitable candidate for breast reduction?
- Which surgical technique would you recommend, and what will be the incision placement in my surgery?
- Do you think I should combine breast reduction with liposuction or a breast lift for better outcomes?
- Would you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Can you show me a few breast reduction before and after photos? Can I see them on my own using the Internet and your website?
Questions about Recovery
- Are there any risks and complications associated with breast reduction surgery?
- What will be the estimated downtime following the surgery?
- What kind of precautions will I be required to take during the recovery period?
- Is the recovery going to be long and painful?
- When can I expect to resume my regular routine after the procedure?
Questions about Costs
- How much will the breast reduction surgery cost me?
- Does your cost include the pre- and post-operative expenses?
- Is there a significant cost difference if the procedure is performed at a hospital or a surgery center?
- Will I be charged for post-operative appointments with you?
- Is it more cost-effective to combine two or more procedures at the same time?
- Can your office give me some guidance about insurance and financing?
The patient may also request to see testimonials of previous patients who may have received breast reduction or other procedures at the surgeon’s practice.
The decision about the procedure and the choice of a surgeon should only be taken when the patient is fully satisfied on all accounts. Reliable cosmetic surgeon Dr. Jacob Bloom receives patients from Chicago, IL, and other neighborhoods and suburbs in this area of the nation for breast reduction.